Multidisciplinary Autism Assessment
What does this consist of?
- Review of Previous Assessment Reports
- Liaison with other professionals involved in case
- Parental Interview detailing developmental History
- Liaison with school
- Home Visit if Required
- Administration of Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule -2nd edition (ADOS2) completed with an SLT as second person
- Administration of Autism Diagnostic Interview -Revised (ADIR-R) by a clinical psychologist
- Comprehensive Psychological Report that is accepted by all schools and HSE services
- Feedback Session with parents provided by the psychologist
- Feedback with school, if required
- Completion of the DCA form, if appropriate
- Onward referral if required
What Other Additional Aspects May Be Required?
It is best practice for assessments to be done alongside a cognitive assessment. Particularly, if there’s a concern for the child’s learning. This is done at an additional cost. A preschool / school observation may also be required.
- Preschool / School Observation
- Assessment of Learning (cognitive assessment)