General Clinical Psychology Assessment
What does this consist of?
- Parental interview
- Liaison with other professional involved
- Liaison with teacher / school
- School observation
- Assessment of learning i.e. cognitive assessment
- Assessment of adaptive functioning
- Assessment of emotional and behavioural development
- A parental feedback appointment
- A teacher feedback appointment, if required
- A comprehensive report that is accepted by schools and all HSE services
- Onward referral to appropriate service, if required
When would you need an educational psychology assessment?
Typically, these are completed when there’s concern about a child’s emotional or behavioural development. Common reasons for referral include; over-activity, inattention, aggression, anger, anxiety, school refusal, difficulty making or retaining friends.